What are you going to do?
The HS Officer for DE is responsible for securing and monitoring the Health, Safety and Welfare of ForFarmers employees, contractors and visitors to Forfarmer facilities in the Germany. The HS Officer contributes to the preparation and promotion of the HS policy and is responsible for the preparation and implementation of the H&S year plan. The HS Officer will define and assist with the implementation of the H&S risk management program. The HS Officer will advises the organization on all matters concerning the Health and Safety within the business in Germany. The H&S Officer will be suitably qualified and will keep the company up to date on current H&S legislation and regulations and be able to implement this in a practical way.
Assist Group H&S Manager with setting H&S strategy for Germany and be active in working together with colleagues in The Netherland, United Kingdom and Belgium and Poland.
Duties and responsibilities as Health & Safety Officer (DE):
- Promote a positive health and safety culture throughout the organisation with the ability to influence and encourage pro-active behaviours to improve and drive health and safety culture change.
- Make all aware of safety issues, ensuring that leaders are accountable for H&S and ensuring that rules, policies and procedures are enforced.
- To provide an environment where all employees behave in the correct manner at all times and drive a zero harm culture where accidents are eliminated.
- Ensure that plant and equipment (including delivery equipment) is safe and free from risk. Ensure that all employees are trained correctly on how to operate workplace equipment.
- Ensuring all raw materials are assessed and there are documented methods, available and being used on how to handle them.
- Advise the Company on Health & Safety policy ensuring appropriate policies and procedures to comply with the law and manage the risks of our assets, employees, visitors and contractors.
- Drive continuous improvement in all areas of safety
- Contribute to the determination of the safety strategy of Forfarmers Group
- Ensure all Company sites and transport activities are effectively inspected and audited for compliance with H&S policies and procedures. Issue corrective instructions and support when failures or poor performance are identified.
- Liaise with local authorities, regulatory and other bodies to ensure and maintain H&S legal compliance. Communicate with Directors, Senior and other managers where necessary on relevant outcomes.
This is on your resume:
- 10 years of relevant work experience of which 3 years of manufacturing environment
- Constantly driving for improvement and development
- Auditing skills.
- Experience of successfully implementing safety awareness and safety behavioral programs
- First- hand experience of carrying out accident investigations, risk assessments, and SSOW
- A proven track record in accident reduction
- Good communication and writing skills in both English and German.
This is a hands on role where 75% will be out at the plant/ farm ensuring our rules, procedures and policies are being followed We are looking for a candidate who has experience in working in a manufacturing, production environment who can personally demonstrate where they have achieved a reduction in accidents and has experience of managing H&S within a multisite Environment.
Further information will be given by Mr. Jim Kelleher, Group Health ＆Safety Manager, Tel.: +44 7786 17 16 82
We look forward to receiving your application via our online application portal at: www.arbeitenbeiforfarmers.de